1st photo is a friend, Sharon Wilber via Facebook, 2nd photo is byshea.com (my photographer!)
Both photos are from byshea.com
at 8:17 PM
at 8:34 PM
So yesterday was Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is not a real holiday. It is no one's birthday nor day of significance for any country. It was a holiday created to get people to buy things, pretty things like flowers and candy and teddy bears holding hearts...and I LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT! :) The colors pink and red are everywhere and it pretty much forces everybody to bake something, I myself made cupcakes! A real shocker, yes. I didn't burn them or under cook them, I'm so proud. Anyways M and I planned to go to eat dinner at Carrabas and then see Confessions of a Shopaholic. We figured we'd start to go eat at around 5pm (we figured there would be a long wait) then catch the movie at 7:50pm. We did call ahead seating and arrived at 5. As we were walking in we heard it was a 2 hour wait! We gave our name at the front desk and thank the lord we did call ahead...the waitress told us we had a 20 minute wait. Woo hoo! We settled ourselves at the bar and before we could finish one drink we were being seated. We enjoyed a wonderful carb-enriched dinner and were out by 6:30pm.
at 11:06 AM
at 7:08 PM
So my good ole buddy ole pal Caitlin at Think Happy Thoughts tagged me for this cool little activity and I'm all about activities! We don't seem to know the name of this little game but it seems fun enough so...here I go!
Here are the rules to the game:
Step 1: respond and rework -- answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag - eight other un-tagged people.
1) What are you wearing right now? stupid work clothes...a grey short sleeved top (yes in Feb, it's 65 degrees over here!) and jeans
2) What is the last think you read/are currently reading? Does theknot.com count?
3) Do you nap a lot? Notsomuch...I do sleep in ridiculously late whenever I can though!
4) What is your biggest pet peeve? I HATE it when ppl ride slow in the left lane...it's soooo rude to your fellow drivers!
5) What is your current obsession/addiction? All things wedding. I work all day on a computer and as soon as I get home I'm right back on the thing looking for cute ideas!
6) What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid? oh lord... a vet, an actress, a singer, a dancer... I still would love to be the last few but I gave up on the vet thing when I realized that I would have to give the poor little things shots and surgery and stuff :(
7) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I really don't enjoy cooking but I love to eat...I wish I had the know how and tolerance to enjoy cooking...
8) What was the last item you bought? Stamps for our Save the Dates
9) What is your most challenging goal? Getting my lazy a$$ to work out!
10) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be? a warm spot in California
11) Favorite vacation spot? California could qualify for this one too...I love San Fran, LA, Napa Valley, and ppl have told me that I visit San Diego, I just may never come back...
at 8:59 PM
Alright so this is where indecision hits. Throughout this whole planning process I have been very uncharacteriscally sure of just about everything I wanted. I knew my dress the second I put it on, I knew I HAD to have a downtown Nashville venue, I picked out my color scheme and never waivered. But this whole bridesmaid dress thing has really got me. Like every bride I want my girls to wear something cute, something that is not just gonna sit in their closet. Turns out that is much harder than you would think! So I am going to share with you some of my ideas and maybe you can help me weigh the options...
Alred Angelo Style 6559 $172
I really like this little guy. It's a little long but you can always hem it up. It's also a little expensive, I'd like to get the price down for the girls if I can.
Alfred Angelo Style 7002 $115
I like this one a lot! It's not too expensive, it looks fashionable and I could see myself wearing it again. I am a little worried because some of my girls are little well endowed, we'll just have to see it on them. Hopefully it's just as cute in person!
I'm just kinda fond of this dress. It's real expensive and probably isn't anything I'd wear again. I do like the style for a bridesmaid dress though. Not too trendy but just trendy enough. Hmm...
WToo Style 548 $184
Yet another cute WToo Bridesmaids Dress. This one is a little different than the others. It has a sash that I can break up the pink color with, it has a cute little pleat in the front of it, and looks flattering from here. It's definitely a possibility, but I still wish it was a little less expensive!
WToo Style 582 $186
Now this is a bridesmaid dress. It's super plain and probably would look good on anybody (looks like the top has support and the waist can be hidden, always great things in a BM dress!) Once again for this kind of simplicity the cost shouldn't be almost two hundred bucks! This will be a good one to fall back on if necessary.
Mori Lee Style 457 $108
Alright so here is the stuff in the price range I want to see! But it's way too long and I'm not sure it's in the color that I want (to magenta/reddish). It could be hemmed to be a little shorter so I guess it has some potential. Once again, we'll have to see how these things look on the girls.
Source for all pictures: www.bestbridalprices.com
So there are my ideas so far! I think the comment thingy on my page is busted so email me what you think! Or show me how to fix the comment thingy...I'm still pretty new at this!
at 5:55 PM
Well now you can win some! Another blogger is having her first giveaway ever and I would love to spread the news!
One lucky reader will get their choice of either the Bachelorette (black) or the Bride (white) cheeky panties!
All you have to do is go to her blog With This Ring... at http://withthisringwedding.blogspot.com/ and follow her directions!
at 3:03 PM
at 9:09 PM
So now we are trying to decide...which to keep?? We have 30 days to figure it out...any advice??
at 11:47 AM